Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

A Blog Hoppin' Scavenger Hunt




So over the last 8 days I have had an absolute blast participating in the Blog Hoppin' 2014 Instagram Scavenger Hunt. I saw the announcement on Facebook on July 5th and decided I had to check it out. The grand prize is a REALLY nice camera and accessories which I would love to win, so I jumped right in on July 6th.

I have had so much fun.  I have gotten my entire family involved (although some had to be dragged into it). My youngest has been my scavenger hunt buddy and is pictured in many of my photos.  We have definitely had some bonding time while hunting for items on the list.

I have also connected with many new teachers across the nation via Instagram.  This has been an unexpected bonus of doing the scavenger hunt.

Here are my favorite pictures so far.

 Someone posing by a statue. Here's my youngest. He decided he wanted to pose just like Scooby-Doo.  We were at Six Flags Great America.  We actually checked off a lot of items there.

 A water fountain. I say go big or go home. That is Buckingham Fountain in downtown Chicago.  We were at the Taste of Chicago.

 My youngest again.  Chicago has double decker buses and he spied one, grabbed the sign and got in position just in time for me to snap the photo.

 8 business cards.  This picture is a favorite because it was the beginning of this blog.  I attended a blogger meet-up in Indiana as a "blog-stalker."  Attending that meet-up gave me the courage to finally begin my own blog. Thanks Indiana blogger meet-up friends!

 A snow cone. The friendliest group of strangers I have met.  I asked the young man in the center for a picture of his snow cone while we were at Six Flags.  All of his pals wanted in on the picture, too.

A man wearing a dress. Ya gotta love my nephew's confidence.  None of the men in my own household would put on a dress.  My nephew did not even hesitate - but he did pose so that no one would doubt he is all man. :)

Wish me luck - I currently have 88 points. Only 17 more go to qualify! And if you would like to join in the fun - it goes until August 6th - click on the button below.





4 comments:

  1. You HAVE to get some extra credit for some of the photos you have pulled off! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are hilarious! And, that fountain... beautiful!!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY!!! how cute he still is in a dress!! I made my hubby take a kissy picture in front of that fountain! We loved married with children! haha!

    ReplyDelete